It is the mission of the Mt. Olive Baptist Church of Fairfield to work faithfully toward fulfilling the Great Commission given by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Matthews 28:19-20, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with you always, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen"
To achieve this, the Mt. Olive Baptist Church is committed to the following basic Tenants:
- Making disciples for Jesus Christ through sharing the Gospel.
- Leading believers into an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ through teaching and discipleship.
- Practicing and communicating the full Gospel; its promises, its principles, and #its power.
- Carrying out the two ordinances of the Church: Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
- Applying a holistic approach to ministry (body, soul, and spirit).
- Maintaining collective spiritual power over the enemy through prayer.
- Demonstrating the love of God through giving.
The vision of MOBC is to see...
- Great multitudes of people come in a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ;
- These same multitudes develop into core ministers that they might win others to Christ;
- Family relationships healed and restored;
- The power of God demonstrated daily in the lives of all who fellowship here.
MOBC also envisions
- Making a positive spiritual impact on the surrounding communities through networking with other churches, clergy, and community leaders, and
- Providing adequate facilities that will allow us to carry out the work of the Lord.